A Safe Church
St James’ Church has a Safeguarding Policy in place which is now a requirement for all C of E churches. However, at St James we don’t see this policy as just a requirement we are obliged to do, but we are fully engaged with it in order to create a safe church that is:
A community where both adults and children feel welcome, safe, valued and protected.
To achieve this we aim to:
- Create a welcoming, respectful environment for everyone, which is safe from all forms of abuse.
- Ensure the well-being of children, young people and adults, who may be vulnerable, in the Church community.
To further these aims, we ask all who attend St James’ to be vigilant in the way they care for themselves and others at St James. Speak to one of the Safeguarding Team if you have concerns about your own welfare or that of others, whether children, young people or adults. Please, if you attend St James’ Church, do NOT:
- Bottle up a problem and keep it to yourself.
- Take your worries home with you and worry again at home.
- Moan or gossip to others.
The Safeguarding Team are here to help. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or is at risk of harm, contact one of the Parish safeguarding officers:
Mike Green – 020 8949 6809
Sarah Candy– 020 8330 6343
Further information on safeguarding can be found on the Diocese website using the link below: