Watch the video of last Sunday’s Choral Evensong on YouTube.
If you would like to participate in our next service live on Zoom video conference, please sign up to our mailing list to receive joining details.
Welcome to week 8 in our ‘Choral Evensong from Home’ series – for The Third Sunday after Trinity.
I am Director of Music at St James, and the music in this video is performed by four members of the choir who also happen to be part of my family!
We set up a little studio in my home office, which is a cabin at the bottom of our garden (I have a digital organ there), and sang everything from there. Mother Katie led the service, and two members of the choir read the lessons (well done on that Old Testament reading Noah!). One of our basses acted as host of the Zoom meeting.
It was very exciting this week to be able to premiere “Come, let us join our cheerful songs” – the second of three pieces written especially for us by Christopher Gower!
We hope you enjoy our service. Please use the YouTube ‘Like’ (thumbs up) feature for our videos and also click ‘Subscribe’ to keep in touch with our latest uploads.
Many thanks and best wishes, Jason Edge
The order of service:
- Organ Prelude – First movement from Prelude and Postlude by George Dyson
- Welcome Opening Hymn – Hark what a sound
- Sung Responses (Aston)
- Psalm 50 (Responsorial)
- Old Testament Reading: 1 Samuel 28: 3-19
- Magnificat – Service in C Minor (Dyson)
- New Testament Reading: Luke 17: 29-37
- Nunc Dimittis – Service in C Minor (Dyson)
- Creed and Sung Responses (Aston)
- Anthem – Come, let us join our cheerful songs (Christopher Gower – WORLD PREMIER)
- Prayers Closing Hymn – The kingdom is upon you!
- Organ Voluntary – Fugue from Prelude et Fugue sur le nom d’Alain (Duruflé)