Watch the video of last Sunday’s Choral Evensong on YouTube.
If you would like to participate in our next service live on Zoom video conference, please sign up to our mailing list to receive joining details.
Welcome the 13th service in our ‘Choral Evensong from Home’ series – for The Ninth Sunday after Trinity.
I am Director of Music at St James, and the music in this video is performed by four members of the choir who also happen to be part of my family!
We set up a little studio in my home office, which is a cabin at the bottom of our garden (I have a digital organ there), and sang everything from there. Our vicar, Mother Katie, led the service and two members of the choir read the lessons (a herculean effort from Alexander – well done, you made a long reading come alive for the rest of us!).
We hope you enjoy our service.
Please use the YouTube ‘Like’ (thumbs up) feature for our videos and also click ‘Subscribe’ to keep in touch with our latest uploads.
With best wishes, Jason Edge
The order of service:
- Organ Voluntary – Prelude on ‘Rhosymedre’ (Vaughan Williams)
- Opening Hymn – We cannot measure how you heal
- Sung Responses (David Halls)
- Psalm 86 (Responsorial)
- Old Testament Reading: 1 Kings 11: 41 – 12:20
- Magnificat – The All Saints’ Service (Barry Ferguson)
- New Testament Reading: Acts 14: 8-20
- Nunc Dimittis – The All Saints’ Service (Barry Ferguson)
- Creed and Sung Responses (David Halls)
- Anthem – Night Prayers (Margaret Rizza)
- Prayers Closing Hymn – Great is thy faithfulness
- Organ Voluntary – Fanfare for Catherine (Christopher Gower)