UPDATE (16th March, 2020) – THE ST JAMES SINGERS ARE POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Coming soon, the all new St James Singers, directed by Jason Edge.
150 minutes of pure singing Joy! Once a month (no strings attached) at St James Church Malden.
No commitment or subscription, these sessions are funded by donations. You can come when you please.
Initial meeting dates: 7.30 to 9.45pm on:
- Mon 23rd March [POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE]
- Mon 20th April [POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE]
- Mon 18th May [POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE]
- Mon 15th June [POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE]
Please help to spread the word! Tell your friends. Share this post on social media. The more the merrier.
- Who is this for?
- Anyone who loves to sing (but welcomes flexibility- with StJames Singers there is absolutely no commitment).
- How often do you meet?
- We usually meet once a month on Monday evenings.
- Is there an audition?
- Absolutely not!
- Do I need to read music?
- It helps a lot, but everyone will find something to match their level.
- Do I need to come to a minimum number of sessions?
- No! In fact, you don’t even need to come to a whole session if time is tight on a Monday evening.
- Are there any performances?
- Yes and No … There is no obligation to participate in performances. However, there will be concerts that St James Singers people are invited to perform in and we will also be previewing forthcoming music that StJames Choir will be singing in various services throughout the year. If we rehearse something you enjoy, you will be most welcome to sing as part of the official choir for the service that features your favourite!
- What has happened to the Come and Sing events?
- Nothing! We will continue to offer those too. Watch this space.
The first optional preformance is a joint concert with the London Korean Choral Society and Thames Philharmonia (40-piece orchestra) and pro soloists at St John’s Smith Square (!) in Westminster on Friday 26th June, 2020. [UPDATE: THIS CONCERT IS POSTPONED AND BEING RESCHEDULED FOR LATER THIS YEAR]
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.