St James welcomes children and families at all stages of life. As well as the following specific activities, the Church also runs a variety of Community and Social events which are suited to all ages (see What’s on for details).
- Children are welcome at all our services and there is a children’s play area at the back of Church which can be used if they become fractious
- Why not let your children try our Sunday School which explores the Christian faith and life values (run alongside Sunday morning Eucharist services during school term time)
- Please enquire if you would like your child to be baptised either separately or in our Sunday morning service
- Is your child musical? St James excellent Church choir offers free musical education within the framework provided by the Royal School of Church Music (RSCM)
- St James also supports a variety of Youth organisations including a Scout Group and Guide Company (see our Community pages)
- The Church is frequently used by local Schools to host services and other activities
Family is especially important at certain times of year. Why not bring your extended family to any of our special Christmas, Easter or Harvest Festival services (see What’s on for details).