Watch the video of last Sunday’s Choral Evensong on YouTube.
If you would like to participate in our next service live on Zoom video conference, please sign up to our mailing list to receive joining details.
With churches closed across the UK due to Coronavirus our communities are looking for alternative ways to ‘gather’. After several weeks of hosting evening prayers online almost daily, our vicar Mother Katie asked whether we could adapt our usual weekly Choral Evensong services and offer these online too.
This is the second of our experiments to present an ‘Evensong at Home’ service.
I am Director of Music at St James, and the music in this video is performed live by four members of the choir who also happen to be part of my family!
We set up a little studio in my home office, which is a cabin at the bottom of our garden (I have a digital organ there), and sang everything live during the service. Mother Katie led the service, and two more choir members read the lessons. One of our basses acted as host of the Zoom meeting.
We hope you enjoy it!
This was the Order of Service:
- Opening Hymn – O Love that wilt not let me go
- Sung Responses (Disraeli Brown)
- Psalm 87 (Responsorial)
- Old Testament Reading: Zechariah 8: 1-13
- Magnificat – in Eb (Bairstow)
- New Testament Reading: Revelation 21:22 – 22:5
- Nunc Dimittis – in Eb (Bairstow)
- Creed and Sung Responses (Disraeli Brown)
- Anthem – Make me a channel of your peace (Sebastian Temple arr. Alan Wilson)
- Closing Hymn – Glorious things of thee are spoken
- Organ Voluntary – Tuba Tune – Cocker